Are you a playwright? Do you want to hear your words spoken by people outside of your own head? Do you have a play in the works that you would like the chance to workshop with an audience? Do you have a play you want produced? Well you’re in luck!
* * *
Have a play that isn’t quite ready to be produced, but looking for a workshop to help its development? Do not fear! Submissions for our next There Will Be Words reading are OPEN! If selected, your play will be rehearsed and read to an audience!
Our next There Will Be Words will be held on Thursday, December 19 at 7:00 PM at Trident Booksellers & Cafe!
Starting today, we are accepting both short and full-length plays. Please note that TWBW submission guidelines have been modified slightly with a newly added limit on the number of plays that a playwright may send:
- Playwrights must be New England-based.
- Playwrights must be available to attend the reading and be able to provide their own transportation to and from Trident Booksellers & Cafe.
- Plays should be entirely original work.
- Plays should not have been produced in full prior to TWBW (readings/workshops are fine).
- Playwrights may submit up to two plays per round of submissions.
Please email plays in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a personal biography and a synopsis of the play in the body of the email.
Submission deadline is Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 28 at 9:00 PM.
Visit the TWBW page for more information about this quarterly reading series!
* * *
And of course, we are always taking submissions for full productions. Please email any submissions for full production in PDF format to email@example.com. Include a personal biography and a synopsis of the play in the body of the email.