Our Technical Director, Josh Friedensohn is participating in Movember this year and will match your gift to Burning up the Dictionary by donating the same amount (up to $50 per person) towards the fight against prostate and testicular cancer when you contribute to both causes! Full instructions are below, but first some info on Movember!
What’s Movember!? During November every year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo’s, these men raise vital awareness and funds for men’s health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives. Once registered at movember.com, men start Movember 1st clean-shaven. For the rest of the month, these “Mo Bros” groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery. The program raises funds in the US support prostate cancer and testicular cancer initiatives.
Through this charitable giant known as Movember, Josh is hoping to support two great causes! Starting today, your contribution to Burning up the Dictionary can also support men’s health!
Josh has graciously created this $300 challenge to match your donations to VTG’s Burning up the Dictionary Indiegogo page with a donation to Movember when you donate to both causes!
Here’s how it works:
- You go to Josh’s Movember site and donate any amount that you would like to his cause.
- You go to VTG’s Burning up the Dictionary Indiegogo Page and donate the amount to be matched (Josh will match up to $50 per person). You can still donate more than $50 and partake in the perks of the campaign! Make sure to use the same name you used for your donation on Josh’s Movember page.
- Email email@example.com with the name you used on both sites.
- Josh will match the donation you made to Burning up the Dictionary by making an equal donation to Movember to support cancer research.
And of course, come out to see Josh’s Mo’ in full force during the run of the show, November 28 – December 1!
The fine print:
- In order for your donations to count towards this promotion, both donations must be made on or after November 13, 2012.
- You may not choose “anonymous donor” on either site, and the names you use to donate must be identical.
- The promotion ends once the total amount of matched donations equals $300 (or the Indiegogo campaign ends), but you are still more than welcome to donate to both causes!